Soul Sister Smoothie Bowl
This smoothie bowl is dedicated to White Rabbit Trips, a local retreats company which unifies yoga, the arts, and travel to create community. I had the pleasure of not only attending the very first White Rabbit Retreat, the Soul Sisters Sleepover, but also providing breakfast for all of the lovely Soul Sisters who attended. We were all crowned with flowers at arrival. We made our own smudge sticks, and we indulged in essential oil blends from Third Generation Herbal. We all got close during the weekend, sharing stories we normally wouldn't dare share with anyone we just met. It just seemed okay to be vulnerable. Everyone was loving and accepting. Being surrounded by this group of radiant women inspired me in a way that I've never felt before. Most of them were starting their own businesses, and I had the idea of launching Prana Pump, but I hadn't made a move yet. After the retreat, I submitted my Trademark application and hit it the ground running with creating it into what it is now.
On the last day of the retreat, I wanted to give them something beautiful and special. I decided to make a signature Soul Sisters Smoothie Bowl. Of course, this bowl would be pink and loaded with color, texture, and sweetness. You see, creating food is not only about creating something that tastes good; it's also about reaching the soul in a special, meaningful way.
I hope it makes you feel warm and fuzzy (and sweet).
Soul Sisters Smoothie Bowl
For smoothie base:
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- Almond milk or Coconut milk for your desired consistency (less milk is a thicker smoothie base, more is thinner)
Toppings (use as much as you'd like!):
- red grapes sliced thin
- sunflower seeds
- shredded coconut
- pink carnation for garnish
- Add all smoothie base ingredients into a blender (I use a Ninja and I LOVE IT!)
- Blend until smooth and put the smoothie base into a bowl.
- Top the smoothie base with your toppings. This is where YOU come in. Get creative! Do you want more granola in the center for a center piece? Would you like the Flower in the center? So many options! Play around and have fun!
If you try it, share it! Tag @pranapump! I'd love to see your creations!
Your Prana Mama
Photos by @tulaqphoto and @lauraglantzdesignphoto